Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Gifts & Invitations




Yesterday we received another wedding gift ! It is so wonderful when the UPS truck pulls up in front of the house! I feel like a little child at Christmas! I can't really believe we have been getting all of these gifts, since we haven't even sent out the invitations yet. But, that is what I'm going to do today, pick up our envelopes and begin to put everything together! We are not sending them out for a few more weeks but I want to get a head start on everything so this does not become a daunting task. Instead it will be fun, I'll put on some old 40's music (I know I'm kind of dorky) and make some tea!
Here is a sample of our Invitations! Our colors are pink & mint green with gold and black accents. Since I'm trying to keep eveything low-key, there is not too much that we are adding to the reception site that will be following our color scheme. Simply flowers, cocktail napkins, table numbers and table assigment cards. The bridesmaids are wearing black dresses and gold shoes!

On top of all that I am in the process of cleaning out my closet ughh. I have to admit, I am somewhat of a pack rat. I seem to get emotionally attached to things especially clothes. I think to myself oh I wore this to that or so and so gave this to me. You get the picture. I'm very proud of myself because thus far, I have packed up 4 bags of things to give away (I may even try to bring some things to Plato's Closet)!

1 comment:

  1. I loved getting wedding gifts! The UPS guy and I became BFFs after our wedding invites went out.

    ReplyDelete