Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Subbing, Silver and a Solo Night


Last week I had a wonderful visit with my family! It was wonderful that the four of us were able to spend a week together, since we may not all be back together until the holidays :(. Moving my sister back down to school went well too. Hubby was down there on businesses so he was able to help us :). He is extremely handy, strong, etc... while my father us ummm not. The two of us visited his parents on Saturday, went to lunch with them and then came home! Oh, it was wonderful to walk into our apartment. I love our families but it is nice to have our own downtime too! Today I had a check-up at the doctor and on my way home I ran into Goodwill. I found some very nice stuff. I picked up a silver pitcher (that I am using as a vase), a silver candy dish, and a tier serving piece for deserts. I paid under 10.00 for all three pieces, how wonderful! I just love the look of silver, it dresses up any room and it is so classic it never looks out of place. With regards to work I have decided to substitute teach! I was talking to Hubby's mom who does it and she really enjoys it and told me it was not too hard to get my license (just paperwork). So I ran over and picked up all of the forms today. I think this will be something great to do for the time being, since graduation I have wished I received my degree in teaching. I don't know if I have mentioned this before, but I really want to be a teacher. Though I loved my major, a LOT, I wish I had double majored or something of that sort. I'm still researching the thrift store shop though, I guess subbing will be a away to get some much needed income coming in :) Well, Hubby is on another business trip so I guess it is a movie night for moi! I think I'm in the mood for Mona Lisa Smiles, just love it...

xoxo,
Pink Peonies & Pearls

1 comment:

  1. I love Mona Lisa Smile! Dood choice. And good choice on the substitute teaching! I think that sounds fun! Have a nice girls night!

    ReplyDelete